Well, we've made it, we landed in Bangkok this morning, tired, afeter little sleep on the flight, to be gretted by approx 30c slightly hazy skies. Culture shock doesnt describe it, poverty is everywhere I've seen so far, but, you still see all the smiling faces... people just get on with it... It reminds me of Salvador in Brazil... Anyway, like the Thai, I too am smiling :o)
We followed all the advise for Taxi's, but still had a driver that didnt turn the meter on, but it's ok cos apparently we are all "frineds" apparently.... he did over charge us a tad, but to be fair, he taught us soem Thai on the way, and was a bit of a laugh, so it's OK, and all that aside, it's the cheapest 45min Roller Coaster I've been on (Yes, it was that bad ;o)
We chilled for a bit, then adventured out to town, and found Koh San Road, where we needed to sort out some more bookings... (Pics to follow), It's quite a place... just like I expected, but also nothign like I expected... I was more than a tad outside my comfort zone it has to be said too, but we'll put that down to tiredness, etc... anyway, off to caytch a bit of a nap, before sampling Bangkok Nightlife, Laters.............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good good! Always love coming back to Kao San, something very special about it. Enjoy the nightlife!!
Glad you made it there. We are in Paris now. so far so good.. !
Hi to Mary.
Post a Comment