No, not YMCA Village People....
Well, 6 Days in now, we're at Chiang Mai, and it's great :o) All the advice I got, to get out of Bangkok as soon as I landed, was right. As much as I like it, Chaing Mai is so much better. We got here a few days ago (Not sure of the day, as I'm in chilled holiday mood...) took a decent Taxi (Not even interested in ripping us off...) to the guest house, which I have to say, looked like a Dump... that is until I realised it was the back entrance, as the front is too narrow for Taxi's... And in reality, it's quite a decent place... so I promptly dumped my gear, and settled in the tropical garded, with a cold one :o)
Top of the list to get done from here was Trekking to the Hill Tribes, which we managed to do via the Elephant Park, where I'd had the pleasre of driving my own Elephant, before atempting the daunting task of climbing the mountain to the hill tribes, in scorching weather (Dont let the name fool you, cos they do live up a steep mountian!!!), led by Willow, and Bond, 2 far from identical twin brothers who are not actually related... (Serious). Met by spectaular views, we chilled there for the evening, met the real village people, and got to spend the night in a proper village hut...
Top of the list to get done from here was Trekking to the Hill Tribes, which we managed to do via the Elephant Park, where I'd had the pleasre of driving my own Elephant, before atempting the daunting task of climbing the mountain to the hill tribes, in scorching weather (Dont let the name fool you, cos they do live up a steep mountian!!!), led by Willow, and Bond, 2 far from identical twin brothers who are not actually related... (Serious). Met by spectaular views, we chilled there for the evening, met the real village people, and got to spend the night in a proper village hut...
The return from the village was equally adventureous, with raging rivers, and vicious cliffs to challenge us, and it was equally fun too :o)
Tomorrow, I'm off to find out how to make the best Thai Food, so I can attempt, and no dubt fail misserably, to match it when I return... but I'm sure I'll still be able to put together a decent Pad Thai by days end ;o)
As for now, Well, I'm just killing time, before I venture to the Night Bazaar, as itjust opening up now I think... maybe I should stop off to say Hi to my new friend Chang first :oD
BTW, thanks to all for the travel advice, I cant get to do everything, but what I have gotten to do has all been good so far :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment